Saturday, September 04, 2004

Wedding aftermath

A friend from work got married on Friday and I was so happy to make the wedding cake. However, as some might know... I get really stressed out during construction. I didn' t eat much Friday as I was trying to make my deadline and literally get to the church on time. The ceremony was lovely, the reception was great and as I watched my cake like a nervous mother, I downed a couple glasses of wine on an empty stomach. Oh crap, a sweet little lady just put her finger in the cake... hand me another glass! Oh look, how cute a little girl ran up and took a swipe of the frosting... Champagne you say?!

By the end of the night, I didn't care who ate the cake, I just wanted the spinning to stop.

I have to say that my husband is the most wonderful man in the world.

He went out and bought his hungover wife tatertots this morning, and didn't laugh when all that red wine came back to haunt me.

No comments: