Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Crying it Out. Day 3.

Much much better tonight. Crying for 5 minutes, and it was a real cry for about three minutes then sort of a fakey cry after that. Crossing my fingies and toes that this is where we turn the corner.

Also, just a clarification on our "Crying It Out" methods, as I don't want people think we are just LEAVING her there. We do our normal routine of bath, bottle and books and then say goodnight to everyone in the room (Tin-Tin, George, Cupcake and Kit Cat) get into the sleep sack, turn on her bedtime music and off with the lights. We hold her until her eyes close and then it is off to the crib. Most time she wakes up when we put her in her crib and stands up. Tonight when she did that, I gave her back her binky, gave her her ducky and then laid her back down. Then left the room.

So we don't just dump and run, we definitely try to make her understand it is bedtime. I know so many people have opinions on crying it out, but honestly we are doing our best with her and I know every baby is different. 

2 comments:

enbi said...

being a parent is so hard sometimes - hugs to you!! i'm so glad it's getting better!!

xoxoxoox
auntie e

Anonymous said...

yay! Don't feel bad..I did it with both my kids and it's the best thing I could do for them! they only learn what you teach them and teaching them to sleep on their own is huge!!! They are always well rested and wake up happy! Well worth the few days of hell..and heartbreak! AWESome!