Thursday, August 26, 2004

Hoffman's "Fine" Pastries

So, it's been a year that Jeremy and I have been married. And what better way to celebrate tradition than to eat that soggy cake that has been sitting in your freezer for an entire year. But wait! I decided that I would have the bakery that made our cake make us a new cake "top"- a fresh one. However when Jeremy and I sat down to eat our beloved wedding cake, we discovered that the cake that I had ordered from the bakery was not the same cake that was in our freezer. After emailing the bakery to let them know my utmost disappointment, I receive a call. They called to tell me that the cake I ordered was the cake that was ordered and not wedding cake. As I proceeded to tell the lady that the cake that I had ordered from them was our ANNIVERSARY cake she said, "Well, that's what was ordered and we didn't know it was supposed to be for your anniversary."

Disappointed? YES! I've worked in customer service for many years and I have to tell you that this experience will never happen again because I WILL NEVER BUY from them again!

I had a similar experience with some cupcakes bought at the Dahlia Bakery in Seattle. The cupcakes were dry and expensive for what you got. After voicing my displeasure at these supposedly wonderful cupcakes, I received a handwritten apology and a call from Tom Douglas himself! Now, THAT my friends, is excellent customer service. I love the Dahlia Bakery and will go back time and again! I have never had that experience with them again...


No comments: