Thursday, December 08, 2005

Everything's Bigger in Texas...

Last weekend I jetted on down to Dallas to spend a couple days with my grandmother before she heads back to the Philippines. It was wonderful spending time with family, I even got to meet some aunts, uncles and cousins I've never met before. Crazy!

As there is not much to do in Dallas besides eat and go to the mall, we did exactly that. Near my aunt's house, there is a GI-MUNGOUS outlet shopping mall in which I found some awesome deals for myself. I did also find some humorous items, such as Delta Burke's line of lingerie at the JC Penny Outlet store. Indeed! Like I said before, everything's bigger in Texas.

I learned how to knit and watched a cockroach lose it's life to the end of a broom, courtesy of my Aunt Ruth. Oh the humanity.

On the side of the highway in Grapevine, there were these giant Christmas ornaments just sitting as decorations at every other intersection. It was weird thinking about Christmas when it was 90 degrees outside. It all seemed very bizarre to me.

I've finished my scarf, it's not bad for my first one. It's a little crooked in places, but it keeps me warm nonetheless. I'll be making one for the cat next.

No comments: