Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Last Hurrah

Well folks, finally this weekend was our snowboarding last "hurrah". My first run was pretty scary, it felt like I was snowboarding on gravel for the first part of the run, then halfway down, it turned to Snoopy Snowcone Slush and was ok. We stuck it out though, getting in at least 6 runs before calling it quits and packing up Lulu. I even had my first "yard sale" and am still suffering from a pretty good case of whiplash. I won't be head-banging to any heavy metal anytime soon. Jeremy said it looked pretty painful, as he caught the last part of me hitting the snow and my goggles and hat flying in every direction. I wish I could have seen myself fall, I probably would have laughed my ass off.

It was a good season- I got to go up 7 times and finally am pretty comfortable on my snowboard. I would call that a pretty good accomplishment for 2 months' worth of work. Jeremy's even getting pretty good- he beat me down the hill a couple of times, something I'll just chalk up to gravity... Next time Calkins- next time.

No comments: