Saturday, June 24, 2006

Ahhh Summer...

Yes summer has officially arrived. And to celebrate? A little fake tanner and some fruit salad. Last night Jeremy had a Saimin itch that needed to be scratched (no it's not some nasty disease, quite the contrary) and so we decided to try Saimin Says down in Kent. Problem was, Saimin Says closes at 6:30 and was in some god-forsaken place down SR-99 past the airport. SR-99 was down to a one lane in either direction due to paving or some ridiculous reason like that. So after creeping along at about -10 miles an hour, we made a "U-y" and headed back to Renton. We found solace at L&L Hawaiian BBQ. MMMMM. Their Saimin was pretty tasty (I opted for the non-egg version) and we got some yummy Masubi and Fried Mahi Mahi. Oh Hawaii, how I miss you.

The Hawaiian Island Child tan I was sporting last week is also fading, replaced by a little bit of peeling. The good news is, that when I slathered my legs in self tanner this time, it didn't look like I had rubbed Cheetos all over me. Score.

Now that box of Maui Caramacs has been looking at me funny all week, I think it's time I put it and the box of Kona Coffee Macadamia Nut cookies out of it's misery once and for all. They are so out of their environment here in Seattle; they want to join their bretheren in the depths of my tummy.

Aloha!

No comments: