Thursday, June 01, 2006

Tofu for dessert? Preposterous!

So I finally was curious enough to buy some Tofutti Cuties yesterday at TJ's. My friend Melanie swears by them and my friend Sarah confirms their deliciousness. After arguing with myself over whether or not I should have dessert tonight (splurged on dinner and had TWO tamales with a bit of sour cream.... mmm yummy) I caved and made a beeline for the freezer. First impression, delicious icecream sandwich and didn't feel very guilty about shoving it in my cakehole. After further inspection of ingredients (which I should have done before I bought the damn things) I see that ingredients include High Fructose Corn Sweetner. Is this the same stuff as High Fructose Corn Syrup which is the devil and should be banned from all food? I don't know. But now I am a bit leery of my Tofutti Cuties and not sure I should eat them anymore.

There ARE 7 left though. Sad. Maybe tomorrow I will conduct a mass devouring of said Cuties to put them out of their misery and get them out of the house once and for all.

No comments: