Thursday, March 15, 2007

Cupcakes...

Today Jeremy went to Trophy Cupcake in Wallingford to see if they were worth the $3 a cupcake. What a great husband he is- indulging me in my quest to find the perfect cupcake. We tried a Red Velvet, a Hummingbird, a Cinnamon Sugar and a Cardomon Chai. We couldn't even eat half of the cupcakes- so we cut them into fourths. The cake part was pretty good on most of them- way better than other places I've had (like Crapcake Royale) but the frosting was reeeeally sweet and for my "watching my sugar intake" palatte, it was a little much. But on the whole, a pretty good cupcake. But I'll call them Highway Robbery Cupcakes, because NO CUPCAKE IS WORTH $3. (Unless it's coated in gold).

3 comments:

Katie said...

oh man, that red velvet looks delightful. i would have shoved the whole thing in my mouth. he he.

Mommy Callahan said...

Oh the restraint of cutting them in quarters... They look great.

Anonymous said...

$3 a cupcake? say whut? I will still try it, but I won't be happy about it. A Dawg