Monday, July 16, 2007

Montana

This weekend we headed out to Montana to attend Jeremy's cousin's wedding at Glacier National Park. I made the cake and it reminded me why I don't do this more often. IT WAS FLIPPIN' HOT!! I baked the cake on Wednesday in Seattle and we traveled on Thursday to Montana. Friday I put the cake together in 105 degree heat in a tiny cabin. GAH. It was so hot the buttercream frosting would start to get soft after being out of the fridge for only 15 minutes.

Everything turned out ok, after much stress, all went well. Luckily, the lodge where the wedding was had a big walk in fridge in which the cake stayed until right before dinner. I would go "check on the cake" just to escape the heat. It was horrible.



Luckily no mishaps or major tragedies befell my tower of buttercream.

No comments: