Saturday, August 08, 2009

I love her hair...

This chica has the best hair. Hands down. When she gets up in the morning, she looks like sheepdog with her messy, crazy hair. It makes me laugh everytime.

Things have been so busy lately- we've finally put our house on the market again and now we are just playing the waiting game. And cleaning a lot. I can't wait until we finally get a buyer- then I don't have to worry about keeping every single thing completely spic-n-span every day. Not that I don't love my clean house- it actually feels wonderful to not have to a lot of stuff lying around. Just tired of the constant stress of people coming through my house.

Isabel is really close to saying her first word. Well, other than MAMA and DA and KA-BOOM. (which is what she says when she wants to slide down the stairs on her tush). She says PA when I ask her to say Grandpa and G'MA when I ask her about Grandma. But she's also been using the B sounds and will say B'AH when referring to a ball or a balloon. (She LOVES balloons). She pretty much can understand everything we say to her- however there are the exceptions. Don't expect her to explain to you the theory of relativity, but I have to remember there are little ears in the room now.

One of her favorite things lately has been Curious George. Auntie Nicole bought her some George books before she was born and she finally is old enough to sit through stories with a little more meat to them. She also has a Curious George stuffed toy which she loves to cuddle with when we read about George. Let's just say I can pretty much recite the stories about George from memory we read them so much. But she loves them, so I am happy to do whatever it takes to make her sit for a story.

I can't wait for a house that is big enough for Isabel to run around in- and doesn't have so many evil stairs. Crossing my fingers that soon we'll make this dream a reality!

2 comments:

enbi said...

haha! ka-boom - i love it!

yes, she does have the best hair EVER - always has.

i'm crossing fingers & toes for you - i just know someone will buy it very soon!!

xo

Unknown said...

That hair is the coolest. Ever. Even better than the shot I got of Owen with a post-nap 'fro!