Tuesday, March 22, 2005

People are strange...

Yesterday when I was in the mailroom at work picking up everyone's mail, I walked into a strange conversation between two co-workers. They were discussing a letter that was sent to our office, trying to determine what department it should go to. " I don't even think HR could deal with this..." one person said. That peaked my interest (as I handle most things HR)

Apparently, a family had sent us a letter asking us to give them information on a little Romanian boy they had found a picture of in a text book. THEY WANTED TO ADOPT THE BOY. What kind of twisted thought process is that?! "Oooh look, this Romanian boy must not have a family and must be adopted by us." Simply based on what these people saw in a book, they thought it might be a good idea to write to the providers of the image for information on this little boy. First of all, the image was probably 10 years old and second, WTF?!

Perhaps I am overreacting. Perhaps these people are just so selfless that they want to save the world.

But who is to determine who needs saving?

No comments: