Sunday, July 31, 2005

Babysitting!

Most times, when I am in the presence of babies and a two year old, it's great birth control. I thank my lucky stars that I am sans children. However, my friend Eryn and I went a-babysitting this weekend (Hi Eryn!!) and we had the best time. We sat for a friend in Bellingham who has two ADORABLE twin girls and a DARLING two year old. Typically, the thought of trying to keep track of three children, keep them happy and not seriously screw them up would make me choose a sharp poke in the eye rather than babysit. However, Eryn and I, the responsible, sensible gals that we are- took on the challenge.

Ruby, who is two, was a total riot. She refers to the twins as LucyLiza, instead of Lucy AND Liza. Her first word out of her mouth every single time is "No", however, after little convincing, she quickly changes her answer. I made sure to bring some stickers as an ice breaker- and they promptly ended up all over the couch and coffee table. Whoops. Sorry Kara!! She was such a good girl, even let me wash her hair in the tub which most little kids freak out about.

The twins were amazing. I think the toughest thing was trying to remember which baby we had fed and changed. They were totally content to ride in their swings, drink their milk, and make dirty diapers. Not much too it! However, we should have known better when Kara had left us a note telling us that one of the babies had not pooped in a day or two, so we had better watch out! Thinking that we would escape the monster poo- our luck ran out about two hours before Kara and Vince came home. Damn.

All in all, it was a fun trip up to Bellingham and great to meet and stay with these little cuties. I look at them and realize what an amazing miracle they are, overcoming so much to make it in this world.

Pictures!!

No comments: