Sunday, January 22, 2006

Ahhh...bliss.

Today while most people sat in front of the TV with their faces painted in Seahawks colors, I waged war on the dirt in my house. I started with the upstairs bathroom and am now suffering from a major chemical inhalation headache. However, my shower has never been so sparkly and clean, so it was worth it. I've gone in to admire my handiwork a couple times today... I'm such a nerd.

I've also made headway on my various knitting projects, I've got a scarf AND a wrap going at the same time. The cat has kept me company most of the day, but I think she's most interested in the moving yarn that keeps coming out of my knitting bag.

Yesterday, my dad, my cousin Inday and I all went out for lunch and wine tasting in Mill Creek. It was lots of fun, but I am thinking we should have done lunch first and wine tasting second. There is this cute little wine store next to the House of Bread in Mill Creek called de Vine Wines and they offer wine tasting from various winemakers every weekend. Not to mention that the House of Bread offers free samples. Heaven. Obviously, I am one who is easily pleased by simple things. I'm a pretty cheap date, too.

Last week Jeremy and I went to a birthday party for my sister's godfather at the Palace Ballroom in Seattle. It was a wonderful affair and I came to the realization now that I am among those who are considered grown-ups and it is now my neices who are hiding under the table cloths and chasing after boys at the party. (I NEVER did that, mind you... ha.) It was a very odd feeling, this feeling of being accepted as a "semi-adult". I am not sure I fit in quite yet, but I'm getting there. The best part of the evening (beyond seeing old friends and eating mini Tom Douglas coconut cream pies... oh the pies. How I love the pies....) was seeing Jeremy teach my neices the "Robot". Alyssa didn't want to do it at first, she suspected we were trying to trick her- but Emily took to it right away, waving her arms in front of her all the while saying "O-Bot! O-Bot!!"

Pure genius. Good work, Uncle Jeremy.

No comments: