Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Whistler Weekend!


This past weekend, Jeremy and I joined 7 other friends in Whistler B.C. We arrived on Friday to a town that hadn't seen fresh snow in three weeks. Jeremy and I attempted snowshoeing on Saturday morning, only to be so disappointed with the lack of snow that we took off our snowshoes and hiked the rest of the trail on regular shoes. I did end up falling three times on the ice, but I'm ok.

Saturday night dumped about a foot or so of fresh snow on Whistler, making for an awesome Sunday ski day. I took a snowboard lesson all day on Sunday and learned (finally!) to link my turns and managed to make it down the hill in one piece. Don't get me wrong, I did a lot of falling- but I had so much fun that it made the lesson worthwhile. I did crash pretty bad once, ended up with a faceful of snow and a little bit of whiplash. Sweet.

Finally, on Monday, the rain came and it was time to go home. The ride back down to Seattle was a quiet one, with the occasional rustling of the potato chip bag and looking out the window for "Nature" aka wildlife.

No comments: