Saturday, July 22, 2006

It's... just... so... hotttttt.....

Bleh.
I totally feel for MKF who is currently wearing a fur coat and dying of heat. She's been laying on the linoleum in the bathroom, trying to get cool. UGH.

I made my last wedding cake for the summer today and delivered it to Bainbridge Island. Behold a buttercream beauty. Simple and classic. Just the way I like them.

On the way home, the Husband and I had lunch at a great little Mexican restaurant "Isla Bonita" and after working in a hot kitchen for two days, a cold Corona and some delish chimichangas hit the spot. We had read about the Bainbridge Island Winery so we checked that out after all the grease and cheese had settled. They offer wine tasting and had a local artists showing off their wares so it was pretty neat to check out. The offered some interesting varietals of grapes I had never heard of, so it was a fun trip.

The ferry ride home was awesome, nothing like taking a short boat cruise across Puget Sound to make the day complete.


Can't you see how excited I am to be done with wedding cakes? Free as a bird! (The wind in my hair looks hilarious)

No comments: