Sunday, July 30, 2006

Yar Mateys!

Saturday afternoon I joined my sister at the annual Starbucks company picnic at Vasa Park in Sammamish. It was pretty crazy with all the people there- keep in mind that every barista, corporate worker and roasting plant employee was there (well almost) and even my sister had a hard time finding people she knew there. It was a Pirate Themed Picnic- even the Seafair Pirates showed up. Alyssa and Emily wanted nothing to do with the pirates, except when they were handing out such goodies like stickers and rings. My nieces love their bling.



Sporting the pirate head gear

My little scurvy dogs

Pirates say "Yar!!"

Saturday night made way for the First Annual Pie-Off at Ariana and Andrews. Unfortunately, my strawberry rhubarb fell short of Mrs. Eryn Ilk's pie (I have to say that now since she is MARRIED!!) Rushing on my part probably cost me some points- drat!! Oh well, there is always next year. Sadly, eating all that pie made me kinda sick, and I really don't want any more pie for a while.
Chuck can't wait for pie...
In other news, our friends Joe and Lysa had their little boy Holden this morning, at 2:31 am. I can't wait to see him and take lots of pictures!

No comments: