Sunday, September 03, 2006

Birthday Baccanal

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee.... Happy Birthday to meeeeeeeeee.....

Yes this weekend was a fantastic flurry of birthday fun (that's an awesome sentence) and I had a great time. I wish I had some pictures to post, however I didn't even break out the camera once this weekend. I know lots of people took pictures, so if you have some, please send them my way.

How does it feel to be 30? Not that much different than 29. Although instead of dreading the day that I turn 30, I am coming to terms with it. A zen-like attitude has washed over me (is it due to the over-indulgence of birthday cake?) and I am starting to realize that this is my LIFE and I am no longer wondering what to do with it- I am doing whatever the hell I want with my life. That's what it's for. Living. So, instead of questioning it, I'm taking it on and enjoying it. It's kinda like riding a rollercoaster. At the beginning you are unsure of the safety of the ride, almost afraid if you open your mouth you might just throw up, nervous laughter masks the feeling that this is NOT a safe ride to be on despite the fact that there are tons of sticky-fingered little kids waiting in line. Halfway through the ride you chill out, realize it is pretty damn fun and scream like a crazy person who just had too much sugar. In a nutshell, it's pretty neato.

My niece called me on Saturday to ask what kind of cake I was making for the BBQ and she said in utmost sincerity "Tita, I don't think we are going to have enough candles to put on your cake". I then asked her how many candles she thought we would need and she said "I think A LOT". Thanks kiddo, I guess once you pass the age where you have to get two boxes of candles for your birthday cake, it's best to just stop counting.

No comments: