Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hey Ladieeezzz.... Get Funkay!

This weekend some friends and I took a road trip to Portland to stay at the FANTASTIC McMennamins Edgefield for a night of fun, girly fun. Kate, Ariana, Eryn and I met up with Paige for some lunch before heading into downtown Portland to do some serious shopping. I was after two things- a wallet and a pair of Danskos. The Danskos won out, just because I had a GC to Nordstrom that was burning a hole in my pocket. The whole time we were shopping, we kept chanting "TAX FREE!!" as it helped justify the purchases that were piling up. Tax free is great and everything, but in the end, I spent more money than I would if I was in Seattle. C'est la vie.

The Edgefield is GREAT because it has two restaurants and MANY places to get a drink onsite. We did a little wine tasting in their cellar, headed up to their distillery for some mixed drinks and a little drunk dialing, then off to the Pub for some Tater Tots and Scooby Snacks (mini corn dogs!!) We had lots of fun, talking, laughing and drinking. It's awesome to have some great friends in which you can totally let loose and be silly with. The ride home was a little more calm than the ride down, a little case of the hangovers will do that to you. But it was a lot of fun, so it was worth it.

No comments: