Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year's Check in

Ok I am not being a total pyscho- I think I need to check in on my resolutions for 2007.

- Make more recipes from my cookbooks: Hmmm. So far I'm failing in this department. Most of my recipes are from WeightWatchers.com or just your basic veg and meat dishes. Although I have been cooking almost every night, I'm not really pulling recipes from my cookbooks. I guess it doesn't help that most of my cookbooks are either dessert related or by the Barefoot Contessa. A stick of butter anyone?

- Be happier at work: Ok that's been a big fat NO. I'm trying REEEALLY hard. I've got the case of the MONDAYS.

- Uhhh I forget the other ones. I haven't been watching Booby Flay on Food Network (no, that wasn't a typo...) but I haven't been watching much Food Network as I am trying not to go crazy on food. So far, so good. Jeremy even told me today that I was working out too much. What? It's not like I go to the gym for three hours a night or anything.

Maybe I should make more resolutions?

- Celebrate the little victories in life. I think too often we put such importance on HUGE goals like getting your doctorate in medicine or curing cancer. There's no shame in celebrating the fact that you cleaned the cat box twice in one week.
- Enjoy my time with my friends and loved ones. Sure you can always talk to them anytime you want, but when you're a crazy old cat lady it's not so cute when you are talking to them IN YOUR HEAD.
- Spend less time on the computer.

the end.

No comments: