Sunday, February 04, 2007

Princess Party!





This weekend was Alyssa's 5th birthday and so my sister threw her a "Princess Tea Party" with all her little friends. It was pretty damn funny- all these little girls running around in Princess dresses, crowns and wanting their fingernails done. I would like to think I have a little princess in me as well, so it was lots of fun. The best part was making the Barbie cake for Alyssa- trying to figure out how to shove a full size Barbie doll into a cake and make it look like her dress.

After the party was over, I went home and CRASHED. I was so tired. Staying up until 1 am to finish the cake probably was the culprit- but it felt so good to take a nap. Jeremy and I then had dinner with some friends at Varlamos in the U-District. They serve up calzones as big as your head and after all the tea sandwiches I managed to shove in my cake-hole that day, I could only make my way through about half my calzone.

1 comment:

Mommy Callahan said...

That is awesome and the cake looks great. Would you be interested in a GI Joe Cake with a tank or something. What would the boy equivalent be? Totally kidding :)