Monday, May 26, 2008

Spit Up and Other Treasures...

Yes, being a new mom is hard. Today I was spit up on numerous times, but didn't bother to change my shirt as I knew it would invite more spit up. I was able to catch a two hour nap today after hard night of trying to put Isabel down and an even harder morning today of getting her back to sleep. My grand idea of trying to cut out the caffeine while breast feeding was enthusiastically thrown out the window after I read in "The Baby Book" that less that 1% actually gets to the baby through breast milk. Actually, after this morning- I believe my exact words were "Screw that!" and I started to grind coffee beans while rocking Isabel.

She's growing like a weed and is cute as a button (well, the baby acne kicked in last week and poor kiddo looks like she is in Junior High). Jeremy caught me calling her a Klingon today as I was commenting on her dry skin around her nose.
Today, "The Aunties" came over for a visit and brought by some food. I treasure my friends and I love that they will come and visit me all the way down in Renton. They have been so wonderful as they have brought Jeremy and I food every week for the past 4 weeks. We have been well taken care of and I appreciate them so much.

This picture was taken last week. I have been too pooped to upload any new images, but this one is pretty cute. She was sleeping like that on Jeremy- all stretched out with her super long legs. I actually had to buy "onesie extenders" for her as she is so long in the torso. She certainly didn't get that from me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we love you so much - you are such an amazing person, and now you are SUCH an amazing mom!!

i only wish there was more i could do to help out. would it be too weird if i came over and you went upstairs to nap? just say the word - i will be there !!!

xoxo