Monday, August 08, 2005

Birthday Weekend!

Wednesday was Jeremy's birthday, but we decided to celebrate with friends and family all weekend long. Saturday all of our friends came over for pizza, champagne, cake and wine. Of course, it was my bright idea that we would MAKE our own pizza in 85 degree weather. Jeremy bought all the dough and our friends brought the toppings. What was a good idea in my brain turned out to be a mini-nightmare. Just a note to self- don't try to wrestle with cold pizza dough. My frustrations were quickly drowned out by delicious boxed wine- which we ended up consuming later.

Sunday, after trying to put the pieces of my self back together after a particulary hard night of drinking- we managed to scrape ourselves off the couch, look presentable and visit the family up north. It was a fun time, topped off with a SpongeBob icecream cake for Jeremy and a WWF-like smackdown with the neices. Another note to self: buy two of everything lest you want pint sized rugrats tumbling on the floor and fighting in their party dresses. Once I got over the initial shock that little Emily had pushed her big sis to the ground, jumped on top of her and tried to bite her stomach, I laughed my butt off. I know, I know, karma is gonna get me. But man, oh man ... THAT was entertainment!

No comments: