Monday, August 22, 2005

What a crazy weekend!





I'm still recovering...Coffee in hand as I type, I'm contemplating going back to bed. Alas, I will continue.

This weekend started off right on Friday night and seeing Pink Martini at the Chateau Ste. Michelle. It was the best time anyone with two bottles of wine and great music could have. They didn't allow cameras at the concert, or I would be posting some hilarious pictures of drunkards. (Not including us, mind you) It was a different scene, a lot of 40-somethings with their picnics and chardonnay- but in the end it didn't matter who you were, everyone was up on their feet dancing and having a fabulous time! I almost got trampled by someone who clearly had too much to drink, however he tried to play it off like he MEANT to do that. Nothing like sitting in a field with a bunch of winos!

Saturday morning, after *trying to wake up early (Trying to overcome the headache that is red wine) we packed up the car and took off for Hood Canal and Andy's property on Dabob Bay. We did some clam digging, ate oysters from the bay, had margaritas and tried to drown out the red wine memories. It worked pretty well. The property is so beautiful and was a relaxing time before we had to pack ourselves in the car again and head out to the Gorge.

Sunday. (At this point, I'm half considering ditching the concert and going home to sleep. But must.. trudge.. on...) The ride to the Gorge was quiet, obviously both of us hurting for a little downtime, but once we got there I was in full DMB concert going mode. Sitting on the hill was an experience, I have done it only once or twice but it was great considering our tickets were free! An amazing view, the sound was AWESOME and I could scream and "Wooo!" all I wanted. Fannnnatasic! Jeremy was blown away by the concert- in his words "Everything I expected but BETTER!" YAY! My mission is to turn him into a DMB concert junkie!

Now I am home, have to go to work in a couple of hours. Ugh. Enjoy the pics, it was a great weekend. The first pic is our view of the stage- digital cameras are horrid for dark pictures. I think I can see Dave though! The second pic is our campsite at Dabob. So beautiful!

No comments: