Sunday, November 26, 2006

I love Whistler!

And not his mother...

We just got back from our trip up North, and it was FABULOUS. I am already planning a return trip, perhaps with some friends in tow. So if you want to go, let me know. We had the best time, I was so excited to get back on the snowboard and just GO. It came back to me in a heartbeat, although on the second day I was having a real tough time getting going, but after about an hour I was warmed up and running over little kids in no time. I mean... being a cautious and safe boarder.

The snow was GREAT- on Friday night there was a good dusting of fresh powder so Jeremy and I went up to Blackcomb and trudged through some of it. I mostly fell on my face, but it was so soft and fluffy it didn't matter. I wasn't used to such long runs though and about halfway down a run, I'd have to pull over for a rest. Totally pathetic, but I guess I'll just have to go up every weekend til the end of the season to get in shape.

We had a great Thanksgiving 3.0- getting up to Whistler was a snap. Getting home was a complete NIGHTMARE. Once we were past the border, we ran headlong into a BLIZZARD and I am not kidding when I say I was scared. Very scared. It was whiteout conditions on I-5 and there were trucks and cars in the ditches everywhere. Pepe handled the road like a champ, gotta love the 4 wheel drive Jeep!! It did take us almost 8 hours to get home, and I am totally exhausted. But I look outside and see falling snow and all I can think about is going back up to Whistler. Sigh.

No comments: