Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hard to Imagine

The past few days has given me some good time for reflection. (I guess being sick and home-bound will do that to you.) It's hard to believe that in a few short weeks there will be another little being here, sharing our space and our lives. I don't mean to get all crazy-cuckoo on you, but SERIOUSLY. Think about how WILD that is! I just finished reading "The Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin and for all the crazy hippy-earth mother stuff that is in there- there are some profound words of wisdom about how amazing this whole process is. For the longest time I was scared shitless, but now I seem to have relaxed, taken a deep breath and have accepted the prospect of events to come. It's funny how long you get to sit back and think about things, 10 months (40 weeks) is a long time to have these thoughts to mull over.

I think the biggest thing I've accepted is that whatever will come will come. If it's a non-medicated or medicated birth, I'll take what I can get. (But honestly, who wants a big fat needle stuck in your back? I'll take my chances with going sans epidural).

I'm also very excited to see what our little rugrat will look like. Do you think it will have a ton of hair or be pretty bald for a while? Jeremy and I have both agreed, if it's a girl, we will not put those little bow headbands on the baby. They just look too weird and uncomfortable.

No comments: