Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Meet Isabel Cecilia Calkins




FINALLY! She arrived three days early on Sunday morning at 11:33 am.


Isabel Cecilia Calkins
7 lbs, .05 oz
20 inches (although today at the doctor, she was 21 inches, funny!)

Labor was no walk in the park, but it went ok. I went sans epidural (no drugs, what the hell!) and was glad I did. I think it helped my recovery and I was able to get up and walk around soon after. However, I am not sure I am going to do that again any time soon. :)
Jeremy and I are trying to adjust to the "no sleep" thing, but I am sure we'll figure it out. I finally got to take a shower and put on deodorant today, that was a treat! HA. I am sure it will be quite a while before I put on makeup, but not trying to impress anyone anytime soon.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Baby girl Isabel! I love her name and she is JUST SO CUTE!!!! Who needs sleep when you get to look at that all the time? Ha! Try to enjoy this time - soon it will be a distant memory!
xoxoxoxooxxoxoxoxo

Rachel Catriona said...

CONGRATS!! Just sent you a text but, again, I love the name. She's beautiful!!

Katy and I are down for Opening Day this weekend. If you at all have the energy or time for us to stop in for 5 minutes and meet Isabel we'd love to.

Get some sleep new mama!

Mommy Callahan said...

Hooray and congrats! She is beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go guys! she looks great

Dave Pease said...

congratulations!