Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A Week of Firsts...

Sleeping at the Columbia Winery
Baby Acne (so sad!!)


This week was a big week for us and Isabel. We took her on her first outing to the Columbia Winery to visit my dad, we had our first restaurant experience when we went to Ivar's to celebrate Grandma Beth's birthday and she received her first finger mustache.

The winery visit was fun, she slept through the whole thing. My dad took us on a personal tour of the winery and gave us a little wine tasting for free. Yes, we looked like responsible parents drinking wine while our baby slept in her car seat next to us.

Grandma Beth's birthday and Ivar's pretty much was a fantastic evening. Except for the last 10 minutes before the dessert arrived and Isabel woke up and wanted to feed. I was able to jimmy-rig a blanket over my chest and nurse her. I am definitely going to buy one of those nursing "Hooter Hider" blankets the next time I am out.

Ah, the finger mustache. Yes, this is what happens when a baby keeps me up at night, waking and fussing every hour and a half or so and then sleeps for 3.5 hours this morning. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart the mustache! Thanks for the update. :)

Persiana said...

oh my god. she looks exactly like you this week! what is going on over there?

Anonymous said...

sooo sooo cute. also, my friend andrea told me she LOVES her hooter hider. i ALMOST bought one for you last week, but wanted to make sure you don't already have one...

Katie said...

she doesn't stand a chance with you two goofballs as parents - you may as well enroll her for clown school now...

xoxoxoxoxo

Em said...

HAHAHA Yes she is gonna hate us in about 15 years.

Mommy Callahan said...

I have heard great things about the hooter hider, when they are young.. as they get older - my boys refused to have anything covering their head while they were eating. Loved to flash the world as they looked around at what else was going on. Lovely! The mustache is FANTASTIC!