Monday, March 03, 2008

Doula Visit

Jeremy and I met with our doula Jennifer tonight and it was so nice to have her here and chat with us. Tonight we went over the Baby Shopping List and she helped us figure out the things that we need and the things that we don't need. There were more things on the "Need" list than I thought, but it was things that I didn't really think of. And it was good to know that some of things on the "Need" list, we already had- so we were in good shape.

She also gave us a ton of advice on feedings and taking care of ourselves after the baby is born, and she'll be back to visit us again when the kiddo finally arrives to make sure feedings and such are going ok. I am feeling more and more at ease with the idea of bringing the kiddo home, knowing I will have not only Jeremy here with me but a good support person to check on us and make sure all is well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how neat! it really is getting so close - and of course you will also have loads of supportive family and friends who will be just DYING to have the chance to help in any way they can!!

e

Em said...

Oh I completely agree- but it was nice to have someone let me in on the little secrets that they DON'T tell you at the doctor's office. Like she was saying how breast milk could help remedy pink eye?! And that you should "air dry" for 10 minutes after feeding? Good to know!