Thursday, August 07, 2008

1 Week Down

Week one of returning to work has been completed. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be- but it was still hard getting back into the swing of things. That and finding an appropriate place to pump during the day. It is hard to be sneaky and discreet around the office, especially since I work/live in a cube.


I was able to finagle an empty office with a locking door, so that is nice. Now I don't have to worry too much about being walked in on in case I forgot to lock the bathroom door. Can you imagine the look that person's face? It makes me giggle just thinking about it.


I had mentioned to our office manager that hey- if that office stays empty- could I bring Isabel to the office with her Jumperoo and just leave her in there with a webcam and some Cheerios? I'm sure she'd be fine. He laughed at me and then threatened to call CPS. I told him if he was going to call CPS on me, he'd better include the picture of her in the tub with the Doctor Ma Swim Ring.






Yes, we finally scored our own Doctor Ma swim ring from China. Isabel loves it and paddles around the bathtub. And before YOU go calling CPS on me- this is perfectly safe. She can't tip over and we NEVER leave her alone in the water. I was truly amazed how much she took to the water considering her first encounter with the bath left us both in tears.


One more thing- Miss Kitty has turned into quite the kitty "big sister". She yeowls at Isabel and watches her when she plays on her blankets for tummy time. If I have let Isabel fuss a little too long, Miss K will act very distressed. I am sure she is just saying "For the love of God, make it stop!"



They are now in the same weight class- so technically, it might be a fair match.

2 comments:

Mommy Callahan said...

LOL I can say that I did once forget to lock the bathroom door and thank goodness it was another mom that opened the door. Not so good for production though :)

Anonymous said...

Isabel looks so cool in the swim ring. She has no fear to water at all! what do you do to keep her hair upright even in a tub? I am amazed all the time by how much hair Isabel has and her assertive hairdo. Help me give Isabel a big kiss!