Sunday, August 31, 2008

Thanks, Mommies!

Thank you to all the mommies for chiming in on the sleep issue with Isabel. She's been doing much better, sleeping until at least 5:45-6:00 am. We decided to give her a small supplemental bottle of formula right before bed (which by the way, tastes NASTY! I can't believe babies eat this stuff!) and she's been sleeping much better.

It makes me feel so much better to hear real life mommy stories and to know that there are other mommies out there that are having the same problems. Whenever I do research online or read a "Baby Book" from an "expert"- they always seem to make you feel like what you are doing is wrong or the choices that you make are wrong. It is nice to know that sometimes you just have to go with the Mommy Instincts.

This morning I heard the monitor click on as Isabel's crib aquarium had turned on. Jeremy was out of bed so I assumed he had turned it on for her and had let her do her stretching routine after being released from her swaddle. Jeremy brought her in around 6:30 to wake me up and had asked me if I had released her from her swaddle. Of course I didn't, and so we realized then that she had escaped from her swaddle and had turned on the aquarium by herself.

It is amazing to me how every day she learns something new, grows a little more and just becomes more and more interactive. I look at her all the time and am amazed at human life. It is truly mind blowing.

No comments: