Monday, March 16, 2009

Allergic to Peas?

Has anyone out there ever seen any allergic reactions to peas in their kids? A couple of times that I have given Iz cooked peas she's broken out in a rash around her mouth. Tonight she even broke out in little hives around her hands. So for now, we'll avoid the peas. I'm trying to give her other foods that she can feed to herself. So far she LOVES cheese, Cheerios, rice and cooked veggies.

Yesterday we took her to Tokyo (sushi restaurant) and she had tofu for the first time. I wasn't sure what she would think of it, and seeing her reaction to peas- I was a little nervous about the tofu. So far so good. Today we even tried a little bit of plain yogurt. She ate a few bites, so hopefully she'll warm up to it more as we try it again.

I love being able to feed her food that hasn't been pureed within an inch of it's life- however now it makes for a very messy and often times fussy meal time.

No comments: