Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Ladder Day

Today we learned all about ladders and how to climb them safely. It probably would have been best for me to keep my mouth shut during this course as I proceeded to tell my teammates that I don't usually use ladders, just chairs to get to what I want. Most often, I fall off the chairs and on to the floor. They then suggested I don my hardhat.

After our indoor training on the wimpy ladders, we were ushered outside to manhandle the 28 footers and put them up next to the building. I was proud of myself, I managed to shimy my butt up the ladder without looking down. Getting down was not as easy as getting up- since I kept thinking my feet were not planted firmly. I think the worst part about those big ladders were how much give they had- they shook with each rung you climbed. Fabulous.

Tomorrow is our test for our start to finish install. Hopefully I won't poke anyone with the voltage detector or take out a chunk of skin when I am capping the ends of coax cables. Such a fabulous life I lead- don't you wish you were me right now?

I am missing Isabel and J like crazy- only two more days until I fly home! Yippie! Ho-tel living is getting to me and I do miss having more than two pairs of jeans to wear. Oh! Did I mention that San Diego has a West Elm store? DROOL. I swear, sometimes I kinda wish we lived here!

No comments: