Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday.

I'm so tired right now I can't come up with anything creative as a title. So Thursday it is.

Today was our final exam on our install and our team scored 96 out of 100. Most of the points that were taken off were due to "shiners" and loose coax cables. Stupid stuff that was a result of us not being too careful at the end. It is hard being on a team of 3 sometimes, because instead of bouncing ideas off one other person, you have two to deal with. It wasn't terrible, just sometimes makes the work go slower. (Shiners, btw are when you have the copper part of the wire exposed under the sheath or casing. Not a good thing to have since moisture can get in there and cause a potential short in the wiring. See? I guess I am learning something useful. Watch out, I'm armed with information, this makes me more dangerous than I already am!!)

I had dinner with some family friends this evening (and yesterday!) and it was so nice of them to have me over. Not to mention they fed me yummy food which beats eating take out by yourself any day.

I think the hardest thing about being here is saying good night to Isabel each night on the phone. She makes little noises when she is talking to me "uhhhhh!!!" and "maaaaaaaa" and I wonder if she knows it is me on the other end. Normally Jeremy and I take turns putting her down each night and I've missed out on that this week. I'll have to give Jeremy "Get Out of Jail Free" cards next week as he's certainly deserved it taking care of her all week long. Not to mention the fabulous Grandma's who've helped HIM out too!

Thanks Grandmas! We love you and all you do for us... we couldn't do it without you.

No comments: