Sunday, March 08, 2009

San Diego!

Today I flew out of snowy Seattle and landed in sunny San Diego. I start my "training" tomorrow on installing cable for the company I work for. Now, don't think I've gone nutso on you have decided to change careers. No- I'm REQUIRED to do this training to fill in for workers in case we have a strike in the next month. It is a long story- but the bottom line is that I have some kickass "work boots" required for climbing ladders and am spending the week in San Diego. Yes, there are worse places I could be.

So far, so good. Today Beth's good friend Linda came and took me out to lunch and drove me around San Diego. It was a beautiful day and it was SO NICE of her to drag my butt around town. We even rode a carousel today. What I love about walking around San Diego is that everyone was out today with their kids, dogs, families... it was just so nice to be outside like that. I wish Seattle was like that more than 3 months out of the year.

OMG. I am watching old SNL commercials on the ho-tel TV and it is the commercial about Robot Insurance. I think I am going to pee my pants. "Robots are everywhere, and they eat old people's medicine for fuel."

No comments: