Sunday, March 01, 2009

Week 1

It has only been one week since I started back with Weight Watchers and even though I only made it to the gym twice this week, the biggest improvement I've seen is my eating habits. Instead of cookies all day long, I save a one or two cookies for an afternoon snack or for dessert. Instead of eating all the teriyaki chicken and rice, I eat half for dinner and save the rest for lunch the next day. Slowing down has helped a lot- I find that if I take a break from my food, I don't really need to eat the rest 5 minutes later because I am already full. Amazing that a few changes can make a big difference. 

Just that has helped me drop 2 pounds over the course of the week. I'm sure some of that is water weight, but it is good to see that number drop on the scale.

Today I had a good but exhausting workout. I had limited time at the gym, so I made sure I packed in as much as I could. My favorite thing to do at the gym is the eliptical, and one of the machines there has this awesome "weight loss" setting which takes you on intervals. I love gearing myself up for the hard parts, I crank up some Beyonce or Lady GaGa and go nuts. The only thing I hate at the gym is some of the gym-goers. I am of the belief that if you go to the gym, you should go to work hard. If not, go home. I hate hate hate it when people talk on their cell phones or just waste time on the machines. The other day I saw a lady working out in her Crocs. Now I'm not trying to judge anyone- but seriously. Crocs? To me, if you don't have proper footwear, you're going to hurt yourself. 


No comments: