Monday, March 09, 2009

Training Day

Today was day one of training. I learned all about VRAD and F1 and F2 connectors and this that and blah blah blah. A lot to take in for someone who doesn't consider herself technically able. Granted, I love knowing how things work, but in all honesty- most of this sounds like a foreign language to me. It is crazy to think that after one week of training they think they can send us out into the field- I don't really think you want me hooking up your cable.

I managed to get in a workout today after training and I know tomorrow I will regret the lunges that I did after I ran. I have a feeling that bending and squatting tomorrow will be quite painful. Hopefully I'll be able to do some work at waist level, hooking up all those wires and stuff.

The good news is that we won't be climbing any telephone poles in training- nor will I have to in the field. Such a relief to hear since I pretty much would break my neck. I do have to wear this awesome hard hat and even more fabulous safety glasses. We have to wear safety glasses in class whenever we are around tools and they are a weird kind of plastic that messes with my eyes and makes me want to barf after a while. Same kind of feeling you get when you wear glasses that aren't your prescription.

Other than that, nothing fun to report. I did get in trouble a couple of times from laughing in class. I couldn't help it, the voltage detector that they give us looks very suspicious and apparently vibrates when high voltage is present. I'm sorry, but if you saw the thing- you would know EXACTLY why I was laughing. And I wasn't the only one in the room who was cracking up!

I know, I'm so mature. :)

No comments: